" A transformed society where children’s educational rights are held in high esteem. ".
" To promote educational learning and support through community library, sponsorship and the establishment of a school for rebuilding the lives of the children in the post war northern Uganda. "
Lutino Adunu began as a children’s book club with the aim to bring children together in a safe environment. Okello, a child born in captivity during the civil conflict in Northern Uganda, shocked everyone when he drew a boy pointing a gun at the forehead of another child. To Shilla, this was an opportunity to explore what was on Okello’s mind and help him and other children deal with the violence that surrounded them.
The Lutino Adunu Soccer Project was designed to bring hope to these children affected by the challenges of living in northern Uganda. Sports and activity stimulate growth and lead to improved physical and emotional health. In recent years, research shows highly active children are less likely to suffer from high blood pressure, diabetes, cancer of the colon, obesity, and coronary heart disease later in life, among other benefits. Exercise is also known to relieve stress. Children who have been through traumatic experiences often deal with as much stress, depression, and anxiety as adults do. Because exercise improves health, a fit child is more likely to be deal with these stresses effectively. Moderate physical activity has also been shown to improve a child’s arithmetic, reading, and memorization skills.
Lutino Adunu aims to create a platform for children affected by HIV/AIDS and the conflict in northern Uganda. Lutino Adunu supports parents and caretakers by initiating small self-help projects to fund academic materials.
- To establish a community library for access to reading materials for children and community members.
- To provide sponsorship to vulnerable children especially the girl child.
- To promote and nurture reading culture in children.
- To establish a model school to support children’s education and accommodate sponsorship of children in school.
- To promote exchange learning with partner schools, churches and communities.
- To establish information and learning center for children through ICT.
- To promote recreational and co-curriculum activities for children.
- To promote environmental and health rights with the children and communities.
- To undertake and participate actively in advocacy and campaigns for children education especially the girl child education.